What is brain fog?
Brain fog can be defined as “the inability to focus, pay attention, and concentrate on mental tasks.”
Symptoms of brain fog include:
- Spaced out
5 Reasons you have may have brain fog:
- Not drinking enough water. If you’re aiming to be hydrated distilled water is the best option. It is pure water and is primarily used for “electrical devices”, which our body is considered to be. In order to keep your balanced levels of minerals daily - a tsp of sea salt can do the trick.
- Consuming artificial sweeteners or too much sugar. High glycemic sugar can wreck havoc on the brain. From spiking dopamine levels to crashes. Any imbalances of dopamine and serotonin can lead to brain fog. As for alternatives to white sugar or aspartame we aim for Honey and Panela.
- Lack of quality sleep. The average person needs about 6 to 8 hours of quality sleep a night to stay optimized. Reducing cell phone time before bed, turning off all led lights, and unwinding at least 30 minutes prior to bed can all help improve sleep quality.
- Too much caffeine use. When the body is amped up on caffeine it can be hard for the central nervous system to come down. Try alternatives like organic green tea, or supplements which can increase brain function such as lion’s mane mushroom powder.
- Lack of physical activity. Physical activity is great for getting the mind going. It could be as simple as a 15 minute walk to the post office or 3 easy yoga poses daily. Taking time to let your body move will help improve the blood flow to the mind. Let loose and enjoy some movement!
3 Ways to improve brain fog:
- Changing your diet. Switching from a conventional diet to an all organic diet can work wonders on the body. Our foods can be sprayed heavily with chemicals from glyphosate to other neurotoxins our body can be slowed down by the continuous pummel of toxins entering the blood stream. Going organic means a higher nutrient quality, supporting our small farmers, and better for the body!
- Taking supplements. There are wide variety of supplements in which can help balance out the brain waves. Gotu Kola, ginkgo biloba, and Lions mane are the 3 essential to optimizing the brain and backed by science!
- Meditation. Meditation as a whole is great for the body and brain. It gives you time away from the fast paced lifestyle we live in. Deep meditation allows the central nervous system to relax and will re establish the natural brain waves. Sometimes the body will be able reach theta waves!
Everything stated above is my personal opinion on how you can improve brain fog. We are not doctors, and are not giving medical advice. Please always consult your doctor before starting any supplementation or exercise regimen.
-Truly Eco Friendly